Sunday, April 23, 2017

Shotgun Wedding

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband is not in their bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front him. He appears deep in thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of coffee. "What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room. 

"Why are you down here at this time of night?" The husband looks up, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 17?" he asks solemnly. The wife is touched thinking her husband is so caring and sensitive. "Yes, I do," she replies. 

The husband pauses. The words are not coming easily. "Do you remember when you father caught us in the back seat of my car?" "Yes, I remember," says the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him. 

The husband continues..."Do you remember when he shoved a shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for 20 years". "I remember that too", she replies softly. He wipes another tear from his cheek and says... "I would have gotten out today!"
********************
NO SHOTGUN NEEDED
NO SHOTGUN NEEDED. 
MONEY AND TRADITION RULES THE DAY!
********************

"Your Honor," the young man said, "I would like to get married." "All right, young man, how old are you?" "I'm 23, sir," the young man replied. 

"And the age of the bride?" "She's 15, sir," he answered. "What? 15??? That's far too young! Marrying her would be against the law!" 

 "Sir, would you mind explaining that to her daddy standing over there with the shotgun?!?" exclaimed the young man.
******************* 
No a darker note:  I'll leave it to you to interpret 
the connection of the two below images with the 
theme of this post.    
THE PAST
OUR BRAVE NEW WORLD
********************
And now for the real meat of this posting
Check out below links for more babes
GIRL GUN LINK
COMIC HEROINES LINK
DAMSELS IN DISTRESS LINK


Color Splash Babes

Click on above links to visit site

No comments: