Friday, July 21, 2017

Oh Crap!

When I first viewed this political cartoon, by Tony Branco, my first thought was not the mess that Obama left the nation in with his Obamacare; but rather a flashback to the 1980's when I was selling aluminum siding in Arkansas.  Yep, at that time I was a "Tin Man".  If you ever saw the move Tin Men you know what I'm talking about.  Anyway, back to the story.  I was in a rural area in the central part of the state and measuring the home of a black couple, before going back inside the house to tell the unsuspecting victims inside what a great deal I was prepared to offer them.  Measuring the home, was just a ploy.  I knew exactly what my asking price would be as soon as I drove up in the front yard in my Lincoln Continental. 
However on this hot summer day as I was going through the motions with my trusty tape measure--I stepped in a big fresh pile on human crap.  Before returning inside to the anxiously awaiting young couple I tried in vain to shuffle my contaminated shoe as much as possible in the grass.  But I did notice while sitting at the kitchen table and going through my canned presentation the lady of the house kept looking around to see where that obnoxious odor was coming from.  The sale was made, and I managed to slip in an additional $50 dollars to cover the cost of new shoes.  What has this to do with Obamacare?  Nothing, absolutely nothing.  I do suppose there is a lesson to be learned:  when screwing someone, you sometime end up with unexpected consequences.  Hell I tossed both shoes out the window, before I got back to Little Rock.  When something stinks as much as Obamacare, get rid of it.  Needless to say, I did warn the siding installers to watch their step as they installed the product.
********************  

No comments: